Hi friends! I hope you all are well. I’m pretty excited about today’s post as I am very passionate about keeping my cars clean. I’m not saying my cars have always been spotless. Of course, we all get caught up with deadlines, work and commitments which make us compromise on comparatively minor issues such as cleaning. But I do make it a point to clean my car whenever it starts to get dirty.
One organizing principle that has worked for me is to always pick up my mess behind me whenever I leave a place. Every time I get out of my car, I make sure I pick up everything that I left behind. I don’t let any trash, rubbish stay in my car after I leave.
I think this simple principle has really removed so much clutter from my life. In case I really can’t clean the dust in my car, I love investing in a car wash and pamper my baby once in a while. I would love to know how you keep your cars?
My previous car in Lahore which I named ‘Beauty’
I have got an excellent feedback on Organizing Chaos series on the blog. Following are the links to Organizing Chaos Series. How many have you read so far?
De-clutter your life
Finance & Asset Management
Paperwork & Books
Handbag & Wallet
Phone, PC, Office & DVDs
I loved keeping ‘beauty’ clean from inside too
- Car scent (hanging/attached on the AC)
- Phone charger
- Aux wire/USB for music
Checklist for the glove compartment
- Emergency contact information
- Paper map of your city or town. (So you can always find the way even when the signals are down)
- Driving or winter gloves
- Small hand cream
- Mints & sweets
- Panadol tablets
- Small perfume/body mist (I spray it in the car too)
- Wet wipes (These are very handy for random cleanup. e.g. Roll paratha in the car, check engine oil or pet a stray dog)
- Small diary and pen (for writing details like when was last oil change, alignment, battery change done)
- Envelope with emergency cash
- Car Registration book, your license/CNIC copy
Back seat List
- Folded scarf for Namaz
- An abaya if I have to go to strange places in cultures like Pakistan
- Small sized folded Fleece Blanket in places that are extremely cold
- Shades for windows (in case its too sunny)
- Foil for the windscreen in places where there’s extreme summer
- Extra pair of comfortable shoes
A big bottle of water (in case you have to fill up engine water anywhere)
Car cleaning cloth
- Toolbox for emergencies
I hope this post was helpful. If you have any ideas for posts in this series, please don’t hesitate to share your ideas.
I would love to know how you keep your car. Is it spotless clean or dirty as hell? 😀