Hello and Assalamualaikum!
I’m Nadiya, a digital marketing business owner from Pakistan living in Halifax, Canada with my husband and daughter. I love creating websites & providing social media support to my clients worldwide. I have 12+ years of corporate & business work experience from UK, Pakistan & Canada. I also provide audit & mentoring services & have a digital shop.
Welcome to my blog where you’ll know the drama that I am, my love for Pakistan and planet Jupiter and my general rambling on what’s what! I have so much to talk about. I’m passionate about Tennis, truck art, family trees, organizing, traveling, stamp collection, natural remedies, leaf art, social media, cats, blogging, chess and so much more! I’m always exploding with ideas. Come let’s socialize.
My blog is a space where I share my thoughts about travelling, relationships, social issues, organizing, stories of struggle, well-being and genealogy. I love colour and that is reflected in my paintings. I want this blog to be the ultimate source of creativity and inspiration. I am passionate about DIYs, making journals, family trees, painting, de-cluttering, scrapbooking, Tennis and pets.
I believe that life is too short. Do what you love. Make time for things that make you happy!
Other than work, there are many things that keep me busy as follows:
- Tennis – I have been a Tennis player since I was very young
- Table tennis – I love playing table tennis too
- Genealogy – I am a genealogist and have discovered my family up to 1560s
- Stamp collection – I have inherited this hobby from my ancestors
- Blogging – I write about anything that I feel could be of value to the readers
- Painting – I use acrylics in most of my artwork
- Pakistani dramas – I enjoy watching dramas and following episodes
- Namaz, Quran – I try to say 5 prayers every day and read Quran whenever I can
- Travelling – I am a travel enthusiast and love exploring new places
- Trekking – I love trekking on mountains and hills for exotic view from the top
- Journaling – I love making travel journals of exciting tours/holidays inc. important discoveries
- Poetry – I have been writing poems most of my life and have won competitions
- Decor – I am interested in keeping an exotic home with quality wall hangings
- Pets – I have always kept pets in my life (except now in Canada)
So far in my life I have lived in 22 houses and worked with 9 companies. I spent 5 years of my life in London. I have worked under 13 bosses so far and have been a supervisor and manager. My family fought a painful battle with Cancer and we lost our dad in 2012. The whole world turned upside down and the ones we expected to be there for us, betrayed us badly. I got divorced end of the same year. I got engaged in 2013 and married in 2015 to the man of my dreams. That finally gave me the hope that if there are crazy people in the world, there are angels too. Thank God I was saved from becoming a pessimist.
I come from a very artistic and creative family. My dad’s hobby was photography and captured some masterpieces. My mom is an artist and a writer. She has held over 12 solo painting exhibitions. She writes for newspapers like The News and Dawn. She has her own blog which you can access here. My older sister Nataliya is the one who inspired me to write and start my own blog. Here is a link to her blog. She is also a photographer by profession and has her Facebook page here. My younger sister Waliya is a full-time photographer and her work can be seen here. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like the articles on this blog.
If you want to know more about me, following is an interview my sister took of me when I was at her place in Seattle:
If you’d like to get in touch: