Here is my first ever movie review. I am going to keep it as short and concise as possible. I don’t want to ruin it for those of you who intend to watch it. I feel very strongly about making an effort and promoting Pakistani movies or movies with our actors. Yesterday we watched Bollywood’s new release ‘Hindi Medium’ featuring Irrfan Khan and Saba Qamar. I totally agree with its messages so it touched my heart. Here are my thoughts on it.
- Being a good human being is the prerequisite of being a good spouse. If you are not a good human being, you can never be a good spouse. So the focus in relationships should be to become a better person and the rest will take care of itself.
- We should focus on and be proud of speaking our language. Not being fluent in English should not be something to be ashamed of.
- We have our own identity and customs. Being modern can mean letting go of that and adopting a western way of life. We should be proud of our heritage and make sure we don’t lose our identity in trying to be modern.
- We should try to play our part in improving government schools and send our kids there so these schools progress. In many cases, private schools are a money making business these days.
- The poor are far richer as people and are willing to go to great extent to help others. They are honest and keep their friends interests before themselves. We should not let materialism come in between our relationships.