Are you also bored of the same conversations over and over? Do you also feel you don’t really need to know the answer to:
- How’s your day been?
- How do you like the weather? or
- How’s work treating you?’
I have never been a fan of small-talk. I have talked about it before too. Recently, I listened to the podcast episode ‘Small talk should be banned’ by @jayshetty which inspired me so much that I ended up making a game called ‘Ban small-talk’. This game is full of meaningful and engaging questions for great conversations with your family and friends.
This is the perfect time to share about it as we have Christmas holidays coming up and a great time for us to spend some quality time together with our loved ones rather than talking about stuff that honestly, no one cares about.
I simply used a clean jam jar and some post-its to make this game. You must be wondering what questions I’ve added in this game. Let me share just a few of them:
- What did you recently buy that you now regret?
- Do you have any physical wounds that have left a mark in your life?
- What is the one thing you wish you never had to do?
- What are your favorite 3 topics to talk about?
- What are you most scared of?
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
- Has any of your injuries left a mark in your life?
- What do you think makes a person most attractive? How attractive are you on that scale?
- What was the last lie you told? Would you do that again?
- What situations make you feel awkward and why?
- Has the traffic police ever stopped you? Have you got a ticket and why?
- Which were the biggest emotional injuries in your life?
- Have you ever been betrayed badly or cheated on?
- If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be?
- What has been the hardest experience to forget in your life?
- What are the three things that happened last month that you’re thankful for?
- What’s your ideal weekend?
- How do you best connect with others?
- What would you consider your biggest failure in life?
- What do you miss about being a kid?
- Whats some of the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
- Have you ever been scammed?
There are many more fun, meaningful conversation starters. I really love connecting with friends on a deeper level so I really like this game. I’ve played it with a few friends and we had really exciting fun-filled sessions.
What questions do you think I should add to the game? Are you getting ideas to play this with your loved ones too?