About a month ago on my blog, I shared Content Ideas for Social media. Here is a link to that post in case you missed out on that. Today, we will be briefly touching upon different aspects of digital marketing: Website, Company Profile & Portfolio, Social Media Marketing, Blog, Email and Mobile Phone marketing.
A company website is the main reflection of a company and that is where a strong brand image builds. We must endeavor to make an excellent quality website with no mistakes/errors nor misrepresentation of facts. We must focus on making our website very attractive and as close to the truth as possible.
We must keep the following in mind:
- Theme consistency with company logo, slogan and brand image.
- Concise home page with all useful links prominently displayed.
- Update the website consistently especially whenever new events or news take place.
- Pay special attention to users comments and feedback. Consider changing, adding and removing tabs whenever issues arise or where ever appropriate.
Social media pages are never enough for a professional business. You must have a good website in place. It doesn’t cost much (I pay Rs. 2800 a year for hosting plus domain) but your reputation depends heavily on whether or not you have a website with a great user experience.
- Buy Domain (WordPress.com/Blogspot.com on your URL gives a very unprofessional image).
- Buy reliable web hosting services.
- Work on layout (WordPress good option).
- Connect your platforms. Social Media links on website. Website links on social media.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Learn about it on Google once your website is up.
2. Company Profile & Portfolio
3. Social Media Strategy
- Facebook – 1,100,000,000
- YouTube – 1,000,000,000
- Twitter – 310,000,000
- LinkedIn – 255,000,000
- Pinterest – 250,000,000
Following platforms in my opinion are definitely worth considering seriously for your company:
- Facebook page
- Instagram page
- InstaStories for daily updates so people can connect with you
- Linkedin company page
- Twitter page for status updates
- YouTube channel
- Good quality profile picture
- Great resolution cover photo that also describes who you are and what you do
- Set target audience demographics and interests in settings
- Graphic designing
- Give a lot of attention to your Bio. In less words, define your business fully
- Give your website link in bio. Whenever you add a new post, make sure you give its address in bio and write ‘Link in profile’ with that post
- Only good quality edited pictures are meant for Instagram. No place for blurry images
Increasing audience strategies
- Follow accounts of your potential customers, so they follow you too
- Message competitors and suggest collaboration ideas
- Leave meaningful comments on competitors posts to attract followers
- Raise awareness
- Focus on quality content
- Free trips/gifts
- Client testimonials
Follow benchmark pages on
- Ideally a blog post should have between 500-700 words
- Content Strategy
- Marketing strategy
- Editorial calendar
- Use headings, bullet points, pictures
- Less text
- Visual stimulation
5. Email Marketing
6. Mobile Phone (SMS & Whatsapp Messages) Marketing
Let me know if this post helped. All the best for your business ventures.