Back to the basics
I have always been fascinated by natures solutions. Over the years I have become pretty passionate about this topic. As I grow older, I am beginning to tilt more towards natural products and solutions. It may take me a lifetime to complete this transition as it isn’t easy but I am getting there, one step at a time. Are you on your way too?
Make it a lifestyle not a duty
- To stay away from the harmful effects of chemicals
- To stay away from side effects of allopathic medicines
- To save costs, energy and effort to get alternative solutions
- To stay in control of our health and our loved ones
- So we don’t trust doctors blindly, do our own research.
Once a doctor prescribed Steroids to my 8-month-old niece for an allergic rash. I put my foot down and didn’t let her take it. She was fine with an anti-allergy.
- Mama had severe knee pain. 3 orthopedic surgeons insisted on both knees transplant. Our cook insisted that she should try out natural solutions. She has been feeling better for years now using Haldi, Sarson oil & eating healthy
- My warts & verruca in London. No podiatrists medicines worked – Excruciating pain. Natural solution: Mehndi cured it.
- Relief from aches and pains: An oil massage right after a hot shower before sleeping is a great cure.
You are what you eat. So don’t be fast, cheap, easy or fake.
- Understand preservatives and artificial colours are bad for health
- Basic knowledge towards safe and questionable preservatives
- Understand why salt, sugar and fat are bad for health
- Simple substitutes like Sugar with Honey. Boxed juices with fresh fruit juices/smoothies
- Link to my article: 13 Smoothie ideas. All made up of healthy, fresh ingredients
- The cure for all illnesses in natural foods. Do your research on google
- Detox bath: Cure infections (UTI, fungal infection, thrush etc) in a bath with baking soda
- 5 Natural detox bath ideas
- Most infections are cured by garlic, honey, ginger, clove & oregano oils
- Link for my article ‘Cure your throat naturally’. This works for flu, fever symptoms too
- 10 incredible health benefits of Kalongi
- Download mobile apps (recommended below) to help you buy more natural products
“Food is not simply organic fuel to keep body and soul together, it is a perishable art that must be savoured at the peak of perfection.”
- Deodorants – Changing mindset that sweating is natural and healthy – Phitkari, Natural deodorants
- My article link about Phitkari: The miraculous natural deodorant article
- Using natural face masks: Sandalwood powder or Ubtan with Rosewater
- Using natural face wash: Basan
- Natural skincare solutions: Tomato, avocado, cucumber, oatmeal, Peach, Papaya, honey, coconut oil, almond oil
- Pimples/acne treatment: Tea tree oil, Apple cider vinegar, honey & cinnamon mask & green tea
- Home remedies to make a pimple vanish
- 13 powerful home remedies for acne
- Using less harmful or organic makeup
- Common misconception: If you buy expensive makeup, it will be better for the skin
- Chemical free shampoos. Here’s how to make natural homemade shampoo
- Natural moisture & shine hair sprays (Oil, Rosewater & vinegar based sprays)
- Substituting hair dyes with Henna. Its available in Burgandy, Brown and Black
- 20 remedies for healthy strong hair including Onion juice, eggs, bananas & coconut milk
- 10 ways to get shiny hair naturally at home including vinegar, avocado, egg & Mayonnaise
- Using silk pillowcase which are good for hair and skin
- Natural remedies for hair loss including egg white, honey & olive oil; coconut milk, green tea, yogurt, honey, Aloe Vera & onion juice
- Diet for healthy hair: Spinach, carrots, eggs, oats, Walnuts, lentils, chicken, strawberry, guavas, yogurt, sweet potatoes
- More home remedies to stop hair fall
- If you must use commercial products, try to choose natural alternatives like Lush
- Phitkari mouthwash for stronger gums & whiter teeth
- 12 Reasons to brush your teeth with a Muswaak stick
- 12 Home Remedies to Relieve Tooth Pain Naturally
- Salt water rinse, clove oil, garlic, cucumber, onions, Haldi, tea, ginger, ice pack
“It doesn’t get much greener than essential oils: when used correctly, they are among Mother Nature’s most potent remedies.” ―
- Apply perfume on clothes – not directly on the skin to avoid harmful chemicals touching your skin
- Prefer natural scents like essential oils (Rosemary, Lavender, Lemon etc)
- Stovetop natural solution as home air freshener
- Avoid chemical fragrances & scented candles
- Try to use natural commercial products if you must use them
- Fresh flowers in your home are best for natural home scent
- Link to my DIY cleaner for cleaning kitchen counters
- Leave baking soda & vinegar in stained utensils overnight. Scrub next morning to remove residues
- Using chemical free versions of toilet cleaners (baking soda, vinegar)
- Mirror cleaning: vinegar- water equal ratio solution with newspaper
- More tips for natural cleaning
Organic Radiance Blog references
- Sandalwood powder
- Aloe Vera
- Multani mitti
- Henna – Mehendi
- Salt & Olive oil
- Egg white
- Green Tea
- Silk Pillowcase
- Coconut oil
- Honey masks
- Contains 11 natural hair mask ideas
- Lemon juice
- Turmeric powder
- Mulathi – Liquorice (available at desi stores)
- Ginseng paste (optional)
- Which natural products are your favourite?
- Would you like to add anything to this discussion?
- Are you with me in this transition?
- What are your challenges and opportunities?
I would love to hear from you.
“Watching what you eat ought to include knowing what what you eat ate.” ―