My Secret Weapons
I believe it’s vital for us to be professional in our business. It’s our responsibility to be as efficient as possible by standardizing our procedures. In this day and age with readily available (many free of charge) softwares; We have no excuse to be lousy in our business dealings.
With time, I’m getting more and more experienced in learning new softwares and making my processes smoother and better. It is really an ongoing process and it must never stop.
Today I am sharing all the resources with you which have been vital for me. I have learned about them through need, experience and recommendations. I know it can be overwhelming to look for exact solutions of your problems on the internet which is literally overflowing with information on every topic. So I’m sharing this list with you so you can also benefit from these great solutions.
Tools for business automation
- Recommended platform to use for creating website: WordPress
- Recommended Domain and hosting company: FastComet
- Recommended platform for earning through websites: AdSense
- Recommended platform for website analytics: Google Analytics
- Recommended Photo editing programs:
- PhotoScape (Free)
- Pixlr (Free)
- Adobe Photoshop (Paid)
Google Chrome Extension Recommendations
- Must-download Google chrome extension for perfecting writing: Grammarly
- Appointments/scheduling google chrome extension for Gmail: Assistant.to
Following are my most favourite business tools:
- My favorite notes app (synced): Notes
- My favorite way to backup & organize photos: Google Photos
- Best free website to transfer large media: We Transfer
- Best free app for editing IGTV videos and editing canvas size of photos and videos. InShot
- Amazing fonts site for downloading free fonts for logo creation, designing or docs: Dafont & Google Fonts
- Best all-in-one email marketing & email newsletter platform: Mailchimp
- My favorite websites to use for free pictures for websites & social media: Unsplash, Pexels & Pixabay.
- Gmail canned responses to create email templates that make life so easy: Guide
- Business questionnaires/assessment forms to send customers: Typeform
- The best tool for professional invoicing, accounting & payroll: Wave
- Best tool for creating, posts, guides, logos, images, ebooks etc: Canva
- Scheduling app for Instagram: Later & Tailwind.
- The best app to connect your Instagram with multiple websites (e.g. Blog & website): Linktr.ee
- Best free project management software when you are delegating work: Trello
- Best way to work on Office files with someone so both can make changes: Google docs
- Best free software to use for scheduling meetings/online sessions: Calendly
- Best free software to record accurate time for projects which are paid per hour: Clockify
- Favourite website to simply add time spent on client projects accurately: DollarTimes
- Best free tool for picking up a random winner on Instagram giveaway: CommentPicker
- Favourite website to send money abroad: World Remit
- Best Image resizing tool if you have exact dimensions: Simple image resizer
- The easiest way to reply to a lot of Instagram comments & DMs: Through Facebook from your laptop
- Great look-good app for making videos & taking/editing photos: B612
- Best Place to get inspired: Pinterest
- Photography basics: Tips for composing perfect photos
- My favorite website for creating really professional Email signatures: WiseStamp
- Business card sample to promote your website/business:
Here is an ultimate guide to being a freelancer which includes:
- Why your own business is a great idea
- What skills you need to be a successful entrepreneur
- The dark side of freelancing
- The most in-demand freelancing skills
- How much can you earn
- Freelancer traps to avoid
Must-read book to improve writing skills: Everybody Writes by Anne Handley. Your go-to guide for writing ridiculously good content.
A great book to learn all about WordPress websites: Create your Website using WordPress in a weekend by Alannah Moore
Must-read book for internet marketing: Red hot internet publicity by Penny Sansevieri
A good book for Instagram business: Ultimate Guide to Instagram for Business by Walsh Phillips Kim
A good book to learn Instagram: Instagram Power by Jason Miles
I hope you can benefit from all the tips I shared in this post. Please take a minute to leave a comment if it was helpful.