Simple & Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe
Normally I dislike vegetables but I absolutely love this soup. Very few things in the world are both delicious and healthy at the same time, this is surely one of them. I started loving this soup ever since it was served to me outside my Chachi’s farmhouse in Islamabad in a beautiful vintage ceramic bowl with bread sticks. I fell in love with the soup ever since and wanted to try it. So I googled the recipe and came up with my own concoction after gathering ideas from a few websites including BBC foods. Sharing the recipe with you today. Let me know if you love it too 😉
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- Chicken pieces (boneless or with bones)
- 3 Roughly chopped broccoli
- 2 Roughly chopped carrots
- 2 roughly chopped onions
- 3 peeled and roughly chopped potatoes
- 1 medium sized green chilly
- 1/2 – 1 cup milk
- 1-2 Table spoons of cream
- Spices (1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp white pepper)
- In a large pan on medium heat, put some butter (or oil) and add chopped garlic cloves.
- Add onions and let them fry for about 5 minutes till they’re soft.
- Add 3 cups of boiling water into the pan along with chicken pieces.
- Season with all spices.
- Add all vegetables and let them boil for about half an hour.
- Check with a fork if potatoes and carrots are soft. When they are, turn the stove off.
- Take out all chicken pieces. You can re-use them in sandwiches, pizza or even curry later.
- Put all the vegetables and stock in food processor/grinder. Blend until smooth.
- Place the liquidized soup back in the pan on medium heat.
- Add milk and cream and stir well.
- Serve with croutons (pieces of toast) and garnishing (coriander/mint leaves, cream or spices).
Highly recommended. You must try. I would love you to share your experience.
- If chicken isn’t available, chicken cubes or chicken powder can be used to make stock instead.
- You can add any available vegetables in the soup too like peas, green onions, red beans, green beans, mushrooms etc.
- If you want to make a really healthy version of this soup, forget butter, cream and oil. Boil it all, grind and add milk in the end on the stove. It will still be tasty.