My Love for Audio Books
Let’s enjoy and learn through audio books
Reading is essential for success. It is great for self-improvement, connecting your brain, gaining experience from other people, improving understanding and boosting imagination & creativity. I love reading and get books either from the library or read them on my Kindle. Today I am recommending some inspirational books. Our goal should be to complete two books every month. Let’s start reading.
Why Audio Books?
I love audio books and there are many reasons why:
- No pressure on eyes.
- Can easily listen to audio books while completing other tasks/chores.
- There are so many great books available. I feel audiobooks is one way, we can complete a lot of books in our busy schedules today. If we wait to read each book, it’ll take us a long time and we may miss out on a lot of good books.
Great ideas for listening to audio books
- While doing boring house chores like tidying up, cleaning, cooking etc.
- Using earphones to listen to audio books while traveling.
- While working in office/home on tasks that don’t require too much mental thinking.
Recommended Audio Books
Today I am recommending some books which will really help you in your life. I am linking audiobooks links on YouTube with each of the following.
1- 101 Ways to Transform Your Life by Dr. Wayne M. Dyer
2- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
3- Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
4- How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships
5- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
6- Grow Rich with Peace of Mind by Napoleon Hill
7- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
8- Unleash the Power Within: Personal Coaching to Transform Your Life by Anthony Robbins
9- 9 Steps To Financial Freedom by Suze Orman
10- The Money Class by Suze Orman
11- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
12- Courage To Be Rich by Suze Orman
13- One Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard & Spencer Johnson
14- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
15- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team Patrick Lencioni
16- One Minute Sales Person by Spencer Johnson & Larry Wilson
17- First Things First by Stephen R. Covey
18- Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy
19- So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
20- The Art of Public Speaking by Dale Carnegie
21- Re Awaken the Giant Within – Anthony Robbins
22- Unshakeable by Tony Robbins
There are some great book summaries available on YouTube as well like the following one:
My YouTube Playlist: Audiobooks
More Books list
Here are some more great books to read:
- Influence, by Robert B. Cialdini
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There, by Marshall Goldsmith
- The Psychology of Persuasion, by Kevin Hogan
- Start With Why, by Simon Sinek
- Ask, by Ryan Levesque
- On Writing, by Stephen King
- Lonely Planet’s Guide to Travel Writing, by Don George
- The Obstacle is the Way, by Ryan Holiday
- The 4-Hour Workweek, by Tim Ferriss
- Choose Yourself, by James Altucher
- Confessions of an Advertising Man, by David Olgivy
Commit to reading at least 15 minutes per day. Read on your commute. Listen to an audio book. Read before bed or while the food is cooking. But read. This will be your greatest advantage over everyone else!
I’d like to thank my mom Shireen Gheba and both my sisters for recommending some of the books listed above.
I would love to hear your comments and know about your favorite/current books?