Hello and Assalamualaikum! my name is Nadiya Najib. I am an inspired Pakistani lifestyle blogger and recent immigrant in Halifax, Canada with my husband. My full-time job (which I just resigned from in Pakistan) was Marketing Manager at BroadPeak Technologies. I have been working for different companies within Marketing and Sales in England and Pakistan for ten years now. Currently, I am on a career break and am focusing on my Blog full time.
This blog is my space where I share my thoughts about traveling, relationships, social issues, organising, stories of struggle, well-being and genealogy. I love colour and that is reflected in my paintings. I want this blog to be an ultimate source of creativity and inspiration. I am passionate about DIYs, making journals, family trees, painting, de-cluttering, scrap-booking, Tennis and pets.
I believe that life is too short. Do what you love. Make time for things that make you happy!
Other than work, there are many things that keep me busy as follows:
- Tennis – I play approx 2 hours of tennis everyday.
- Genealogy – I am a genealogist and have discovered my family up to 1560s
- Stamp collection – I have inherited this hobby from my ancestors
- Blogging – I write about anything that I feel could be of value to the readers
- Painting – I use acrylics in most of my artwork
- Pakistani dramas – I enjoy watching dramas and following episodes
- Namaz, Quran – I try to say 5 prayers everyday and read Quran whenever I can
- Table tennis – I also like that game whenever I get a chance to play
- Traveling – I am a travel enthusiast and love exploring new places
- Trekking – I love trekking on mountains and hills for exotic view from the top
- Journaling – I love travel journals of exciting tours or of important discoveries
- Poetry – I have been writing poems most of my life and have won competitions
- Decor – I am interested in keeping an exotic home with quality wall hangings
- Pets – I have a persian cat Muffin who I love more than anything and a lab Magic
So far in my life I have lived in 22 houses and worked with 9 companies. I lived 5 years of my life in London. I have worked under 13 bosses so far and have been a supervisor and manager. My family fought a painful battle with Cancer and we lost our dad in 2012. The whole world turned upside down and the ones we expected to be there for us, betrayed us badly. I got divorced end of the same year. I got engaged in 2013 and married last year. That finally gave me the hope that if there are bad people in the world, there are good ones too. Thank God I was saved from becoming a pessimist.
I come from a very artistic and creative family. My dads hobby was photography and captured some masterpieces. My mom is an artist and a writer. She has held over 12 solo painting exhibitions. She writes for newspapers like The News and Dawn. She has her own blog which you can access here. My older sister Nataliya is the one who inspired me to write and start my own blog. Here is a link to her blog. She is also a photographer by profession and has her Facebook page here. My younger sister Waliya is a full time photographer and her work can be seen here. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like the articles on this blog.