Dear readers, I hope you are well. Today I will be sharing one of my recipes with you. Its very simple, yet useful and relatively healthy. The best thing about this recipe is that it can have a thousand variations, so sky is the limit. Would love to know how you tried it.
- Butter/oil – 2 table spoons
- 2 cans of Tuna in oil – Strain the oil and pour water on it so oil drains out
- Sweet corn –1 can- Washed and strained
- Half a bottle Black olives – Pitted
- Grated Carrot – 1 large sized
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – More than half a cup
- Ginger and Garlic paste – 1 Table spoon
- Sliced Spring onions 1-2 – White onion side separated and leaves part separated
- Green capsicum chili – 1 cut in small slices
- Red capsicum chili – 1 cut in small slices
- Rosemary herb – ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Soya sauce – 2 teaspoons (optional)
1. First of all, before turning the stove on, prepare all the above ingredients fully as described.
2. In a wok, add butter/oil, rosemary, ginger & garlic paste and mix it a little.
3. When the ginger and garlic change into golden color slightly, add spring onions white side and cook for about 3-4 minutes till soft.
4. Then add tuna and cook till its color changes from pink to brown.
5. Add capsicum chilies and let them cook till they’re soft
6. Add sweetcorn, black olives, carrot, leaves of spring onions, red chili powder.
7. Some tuna cans have salt in them, some don’t, taste it a little to find out if you need to add salt.
8. Stir and add seasoning like red chili powder, soya sauce etc.
9. Transfer the contents into serving dish and add all shredded cheese on top and either let it melt naturally or microwave it for a few seconds till the cheese melts.
10. Can be served with toast and butter, baguette, garlic bread, in a tuna melt sandwich, Panini, filled pitta, with tortilla wraps, on a pizza or with rice.
11. You can even change it around completely like add noodles/pasta in the wok.
12. You can also add any vegetables, sauces and seasoning of your choice.
13. You can even change the Tuna and use prawns, chicken or turkey for a change.
I would love to know how your Tuna Melt turned out and how you served it. Stay blessed.